Find the Best Deals on All Your Baby Care Needs!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Frugal Friday: My 2 year old's handmade greeting cards!

My son is in a Mother's Day Out program at a local church 2-days a week. They are a wonderful organization who litters my home with an innumerable quantity of artwork every week!

Since my son is only 2-1/2, the artwork ranges from the "obviously NOT done by a two-year old" kind to the cute "aww, look at his littel hands and feet" kind to the "obviously done by a 2 year old" kind!

There are SO many that I can usually only display a handful for a few days and they have to go "away" (the keepsake box or the trash). I recently read a post (I can't for the life of me remember where so I will credit everyone generally and no one specifically) about using your child's artwork as greeting cards.

This is the most fabulous idea I have come across! I immediately went and grabbed two that I had no sentimental attachment to and sent them to aunts who had mailed Valentines gifts to the kids this year. Ah-ha! FREE and much more meaningful to the recipient than a store bought card they know I picked out anyway!

I'm looking at this artwork in new ways now. I sort them when they come home into "greeting cards" and "keepers" with some ideas about who needs a little pick-me-up, thank you or has a birthday coming up!

Try it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. I do this a lot. I just wrote a post about using children's artwork as decoration for your home.
Have a great weekend~

Amy @ The Q Family said...

Great idea. I too have problem keeping up with my kids artwork. Especially, when they are not yet a Picasso. :)

Becentsable blog said...

happyhousewife...maybe you are due credit for the idea then! I likely read about it at your site!